Who doesn’t love cupcakes? I think I like Halloween baked goods way more than I like the candy and all of that. These are really cute and easy to make, so they’ll be perfect to bring in for work or share with friends and fam!
- 1 dozen store-bought, un-iced cupcakes ( pumpkin if they have seasonal flavors)
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- 1 box prepared orange fondant (recommended: Wilton)
Special equipment/ decor:
- Rolling Pin
- 2-inch round cutter (or one that is same diameter as the tops of the cupcakes)
- Small shaped cutters and/or large pastry tips
Frost all of the cupcakes with a smooth even layer of the chocolate frosting. Wipe off the spatula frequently, and dip it in warm water, if necessary, to get the frosting as smooth as possible.
Roll out the orange fondant to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the fondant. Using small cutters, cut a jack-o-lantern face of your design in each round. Lay the rounds on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving a platter and serve.
[photo/recipe credit: Food Network]